Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Needed a break from the clay - New Painting WIP

See now....This is what I mean by Attention Deficit people - I can't just focus and finish one thing at a time....

Yesterday, even though I posted my Doll Collection and the WIP of my dolls - I was actually pretty sick of the clay that day. I had messed up twice on the torso of the blue eyed larger one the day before and was just not in the mood for the molding madness again.

I wanted something quick and easy I could start - and I had been dreaming of paintings with dandelion fluff - several ideas of paintings along the dandelion theme have been just floating around in my head. 

I was also thinking about about my sister and how much I miss her, my bro-in-law Tom and the twins.  So I went to work sketching a new painting.

Click to enlarge and see it better!!! - Yes those are my toes!

I really should have laid down a nice base coat background before I sketched this - but I just wanted to draw - I didn't want to paint either haha.

I am going to call it - 'Daydreaming of When We'll be Together'
It is going to end up a mixed media painting by the time I'm finished.  Sorry if the picture is hard to see the actual sketch lines!

Each of the little critters catching a ride on one of the balls of dandelion fluff represent one of us. The girl is a self portrait.
Bunny = Rinni
Robot = Tom (her hubs)
Kitty = me
Horned monster = Brandon
Two mini robos on one fluff = the Twins - Ryan & Tyler

I'm so excited to start painting it - and added little embellishments for the floating starburst pieces of fluff that I haven't sketched in. 

8 comments:

Theresa MacNaughton said...

This WIP looks great so far! Can't wait to see it finished!

Abi said...

You are officially an art doll addict. I am officially jealous, and I think I may be a blog stalker too :O)

Can't wait to see all these wips, become wowzo's

Pabkins said...

Thanks! I'm so excited about this painting - I just wish I would have had the patience to sketch it after I laid down some background. But eh live and learn. Thanks! I can't wait to get your opinion on my dolls once I finish one!

The Weekend Artist said...

I love it can't wait to see it!

Richelle Nicole said...

I'm the crazy lil bunny! Paint it lady, what are you waiting for?!! Oh, that's right, paint. ;)

A Magical Whimsy said...

You are an excellent artist! One of my favorite doll makers is Flora of Bone Head Studios...she creates the most tiny details in her sculptures and always sketches out her dolls before making them. Your sketch is very detailed and I like it very much! I see you have a doll from the Filigree, and SophiaLala, and Cheekybottoms...Me too!
I will have to go to your sisters blog too.
Thnaks for sharing!
Teresa

vvb32 reads said...

looks so cute. can't wait to see the final.

Heather Feather said...

Wow, this looks so cool! I can't wait to see the finished painting!
Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Post a Comment

A tisket a tasket - I've loose marbles in my basket! Yes yes - leave me your marbles....